Application: refers to LiiveTouch application, that is available on Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
LiiveTouch : refers to LiiveTouch services (also refered to as Service) provided by IICONTACT SAS
IICONTACT SAS : refers to the company registered with Paris Trade and Companies Registry, number 819 961 020, owner and sole operator of the LiiveTouch application and trademark.
User: Person who accesses the Application.
Messages: Only users who have been connected can exchange messages via the instant messaging service within the application.
Service: All services offered by LiiveTouch enabling users who have met in real life and who are willing to reconnect in order to meet again.
The TOU define the rights and obligations of the parties when using the Application. They form the basis of the contractual relationship between the User and the company LiiveTouch.
2. Should one of the provisions of these TOU be declared invalid or inapplicable due to the effects of a law, regulation or court decision issued by a competent authority, the other provisions shall remain effective and in force, except in the event that these TOU are as a result misrepresented, or the balance of the obligations incumbent upon the parties are significantly affected.
3. Conduct which is prohibited under these TOU shall not be subject to a limitation period. LiiveTouch may exercise its power to impose penalties or to report a breach of the law to the competent authorities either immediately or within a longer time period after it has been made aware of such conduct, under the conditions which enable it to take action. LiiveTouch reserves the right to exercise its power to impose penalties or to report a breach of the law in order to punish past conduct, subject to the existence of a statutory limitation period.
All of the provisions of these TOU shall apply regardless of whether or not the agreement has come to an end, no matter the cause of termination. In all other cases, the validity and/or force of the obligations set out herein and which are binding for the User as soon as she/he uses the app shall be imprescriptible, regardless of whether:
– the User closes the Application
– the User Uninstalls the Application
4. The conditions under which the User uses the Application – i.e. the charged or free-of-charge option – shall not have any effect on the validity or binding force of these TOU.
5. LiiveTouch reserves the right, unilaterally and at any time, to end, add to or amend these TOU as it sees fit.
6. When TOU are updated, the User is required to read them and ensure that she/he is fully aware of any changes ensuing from those updates. The User may be held liable and shall not be released from her/his obligations if she/he is unaware of the updated version of these TOU. Any User who does not wish the contractual relationship to be subject to the new version of the TOU must notify LiiveTouch of this at the following email address email@example.com, and must cease to use LiiveTouch’s Services from the date on which the new version becomes effective. Acceptance of changes is implied by the User’s continued use of the Application’s Services following the update.
7. The new TOU shall be effective immediately for all users.
1. In the event of a dispute, the User must firstly approach LiiveTouch in order to settle the dispute agreeably. Any dispute related to or linked to the formation, interpretation, performance or expiry of these TOU shall be subject to French law.
2. Any challenge or dispute related to the formation, interpretation, performance or expiry of these TOU or in relation thereto shall be governed by the sole jurisdiction of the Paris Commercial Court (Tribunal de commerce).
3. In the event of a dispute, neither LiiveTouch nor the User are authorized to disclose information about the agreement which binds them, and each party undertakes to comply with a confidentiality clause which requires them to opt for confidential negotiations in the event of a disagreement.
The Application is available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, on iPhones running version iOS 6.0 or higher, Android Smartphones running version 4.2 (Jelly Bean) or higher.
The User must be over 13 years old
Upon access, the user must accept these TOU and comply to the User’s Code of Conduct described hereafter.
Services and Features
1. The Application provides LiiveTouch Users with a powerful tool enabling users, who have physically crossed paths in real life, to reconnect. The application enables the users to reconnect in a simple, anonymous and confidential way. Each User is free to talk to and form relationships with other Users in compliance with these TOU.
The Service offered by LiiveTouch may in no case be likened to a counselling or marriage bureau service. Its sole aim is to enable reconnection through the Application of two users willing to reconnect after having physically met in real life.
2. All of LiiveTouch’s services are made available to the User who complies with these TOU, including:
· Unlimited searches
· Updating her/his on-going searches
· Unlimited messages once reconnection is completed
· Completing and updating user’s own characteristics
· Confidentially reporting a User breaching the code of conduct
· Receiving notifications;
The user is not required to provide information related to her/his name, age, email, phone number,
Location Data: The User might grant LiiveTouch a permission (not mandatory) to collect and process her/his geolocation. If such an explicit consent is provided, LiiveTouch may access the User’s position. The precision depends on the network technology used by the user. The User is free to withdraw her/his consent at any time through the settings of her/his Operating System.
Messages: Messages data are processed by LiiveTouch’s servers solely in order to provide the Service enabling a conversation between two users. Messages are strictly private and shall only implicate the two Users exchanging those messsages. In the event that content is reported to firstname.lastname@example.org, LiiveTouch reserves the right to block content which is illegal or indecent. However, no managers or employees hold or exercise any rights to view these conversations, including those authorized to process data and moderation system reports.
Moreover, these strictly private Messages shall not be accessible to third parties.
User’ characteristics: In order to maximize the chance of being reconnected, the user shall specify both her/his physical characteristics that describes her/him the best as well as those of the searched user. LiiveTouch collects this data and undertakes to comply with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 Of The European Parliament And Of The Council, Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation). Those explicit data include but not limited to:
– Age range
– Eyes colors
– Hair color and length
Mobile: When the User uses the Application, LiiveTouch collects server logs which may include information such as IP addresses, Device ID, operating systems or application crashes. LiiveTouch cannot access the Users’ browsing history.
Confidentiality: LiiveTouch ensures that the data provided by the user is strictly invisible to other users. LiiveTouch cannot be held liable for data published on its platform which is disclosed by a third party.
Sensitive Data: Some data are legally classified as ‘sensitive’ pursuant to Article 8 of the French Data Protection Act no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978. The User must grant her/his express consent for such data to be processed.
There is no default assumption on the user sexual preference. Therefore, when sending a search to the Application, the User is required to provide data such as her/his gender and the gender of the person searched for.
The User may decide to provide sensitive data related to her/him, especially in the free text field, including but not limited to, her/his ethnic origin, and thereby expressly consents to the collection of such sensitive data.
In this respect, LiiveTouch strictly complies with the procedures imposed by the CNIL (French Data Protection Authority) in relation to sensitive data.
User Rights: In accordance Regulation (EU) 2016/679 Of The European Parliament And Of The Council, Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), each User has the right to access, correct and contest her/his personal data.
LiiveTouch will deal as promptly as possible with any request to comply with personal data protection rules. Subject to proof of identity, Users may exercise their rights by sending a note to email@example.com.
• The right to access allows the User to ask LiiveTouch for data pertaining to him/her in an accessible format, based on Article 39 of the French Data Protection Act.
• The right to correct grants the User the right to ask LiiveTouch to correct, add to, update or delete any personal data pertaining to him/her which is inaccurate, incomplete, ambiguous, out-of-date, or whose use, communication or storage is prohibited based on Article 40 of the French Data Protection Act;
• The right to contest grants the User the free-of-charge and discretionary right to contest the use of its data by LiiveTouch for the purpose of commercial prospection, based on Article 38 of the French Data Protection Act.
Only selected LiiveTouch employees and managers will process this personal data, with the sole purpose of improving the Application, and in the ongoing interest of complying with the rules regarding the protection of Users’ personal data.
LiiveTouch may enter into agreements with a limited number of authenticated and reliable third-party companies, which involve providing entirely anonymous data in order to prepare usage and/or viewing statistics for the Application. These agreements will comply with Users’ rights and privacy, and their sole purpose is to improve the quality of the Application and Services to the exclusion of any marketing purpose.
LiiveTouch will store the User’s data for as long as required for the User to use the Service
LiiveTouch undertakes to make every effort and to invest all means at its disposal to guarantee that the stored data is as secure as possible. It is however the User’s responsibility to take appropriate action to protect her/his data.
LiiveTouch shall not collect data from children under 13 years old. Should a User lie about her/his age, and particularly in case she/he fraudulently claims to be over 13 years old, for the data to be deleted the parents need to inform LiiveTouch via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. LiiveTouch undertakes to delete all data as promptly as possible.
When accessing the app, the User expressly consents to her/his data being eventually hosted on servers outside her/his country for proper provision of the service.
5. Data related to Geolocation
Geolocation is used in order to compare searches and hence enables the reconnection of two users who have effectively met in real life. LiiveTouch does not however plot its Users’ movements and reiterates that it will only record points at which users have met. Neither LiiveTouch’s departments as a whole nor the employees and managers who process personal data are aware of the User’s exact movements.
6. Declaration to Data Protection Authority
As data are collected from the users, LiiveTouch has submitted a declaration to the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL) under the registration number 1957322.
In the interest of upholding its Users’ privacy and protecting the data collected, LiiveTouch complies with current legislation on the protection of Users’ personal data.
Obligations and Liability
LiiveTouch agrees to provide the infrastructure and technical resources in order to provide the Users with a high-quality Service. The service is supported by iPhone devices running iOS 6.0 or higher, and Smartphone running Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) or higher.
LiiveTouch cannot be held liable for any operating fault on the User’s device or for any compatibility issue between the Application and the device.
Every effort is made to ensure that the risks of fraudulent access to LiiveTouch’s system are minimized. LiiveTouch therefore uses a firewall or equipment located between the internet and the Company’s private network, in order to make its security more robust by filtering traffic to and from the internet. It is however impossible to fully guarantee the security of a network.
LiiveTouch is not responsible for any failures, interruptions or poor performance of the User’s internet provider services, or for any cause beyond LiiveTouch’s control which might interrupt or have an adverse effect on access to LiiveTouch Services.
LiiveTouchshall also endeavour to avert any exceptional risk to Users of receiving spam Messages or Messages claiming to have been sent by LiiveTouch. The User must ensure that she/he reports any of the above circumstances to LiiveTouch by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
2. Illegal Conduct
LiiveTouch and its partners cannot be held liable for actions by its Users which are illegal or which incur criminal penalties, including but not limited to:
• All types of scams
• Identity theft
• An infringement of a third party intellectual property right.
LiiveTouch has a legal obligation to keep records of all content for one year, in order to be able to provide the competent authorities with content likely to fall into the above categories in the event of a dispute.
Some users might not comply with these TOU and in particular with the code of conduct. As a hosting provider, LiiveTouch does not have any legal obligation to monitor the content sent or stored via the Application, pursuant to Article 6, I, 7° of the French Trust in the Digital Economy Act dated 21 June 2004. LiiveTouch’s only obligations as regards the prevention of certain content is against abhorrent content, for which LiiveTouch in particular has set up a reporting system which enables Users to:
• Delete an active messaging session with User whose conduct does not meet acceptable social standards in order to end any communication with them
• Report abhorrent content that contradicts intellectual property law or that is more generally illegal and/or contrary to the provisions of these TOU by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any User who has been reported may be excluded from the Service in accordance with the provisions of the Article below “Termination”, or may risk being subject to legal proceedings under which they may have to pay damages to their victims.
When a User is reported, LiiveTouch undertakes to process the report as a priority and as soon as possible in order to prevent the Application from continuing to be used for any disorderly conduct. In the case of clearly illegal content, in accordance with its legal obligations as a hosting provider, LiiveTouch undertakes to remove this content based on Article 6, I, 8 of the French Trust in the Digital Economy Act of 21 June 2004.
Any misuse of the moderation system or any unjustified reporting of a User shall be considered a breach of these TOU, and penalties may be imposed including legal proceedings under which damages may have to be paid to victims.
4. Duty of Caution
The User is solely liable for checking the identity of the people with whom she/he reconnect with. It is the user’s responsibility to check that the person she/he is reconnected with is the same person she/he has crossed path with in real life. LiiveTouch cannot be held liable for any problems whatsoever arising from a reconnection.
Code of Conduct
In order to become a User, all of the following conditions must be met:
• The User must not be under 13 years old;
• Not to have already been subject to penalties caused by non-compliancy with the TOU;
• Have read these TOU and have accepted them.
LiiveTouch does not have a legal obligation or the technical resources to verify the identity and age of Users. However, in the event of any uncertainties or cause for suspicion or following a ‘report’ by a third party pointing to an identity theft or fictitious or incorrect information, LiiveTouch shall conduct an investigation as swiftly as possible.
For the duration of the investigation, LiiveTouch reserves the right to suspend the access to the Application for the User giving cause for suspicion, and to conduct the necessary checks.
In the case of a proven offence under these TOU, LiiveTouch may cancel the Service for the User in question in accordance with the conditions set out in Article “Termination” hereof.
In order to remain a User, all of the following conditions must be met:
• Be honest and truthful in her/his statements.
• Respect the private nature of content and conversations exchanged with other Users through the Application, and therefore refrain from disclosing the content of such Messages.
• Refrain from violating intellectual property laws.
• Refrain from disrupting public order.
• Refrain from committing defamation, and more generally from using insulting language, particularly of a racial or discriminatory nature.
• Comply with current laws and regulations.
• Refrain from inciting violence or advocating terrorism, war crimes or crimes against humanity.
• Refrain from infringing upon accepted social standards and standards of politeness with other Users.
• Refrain from infringing upon the normal running of the Application’s Services or infrastructure in any way.
• Refrain from using robots or tools other than those provided by LiiveTouch when using the Application to contact other Users.
• Refrain from using the Application to organize escort services.
• Refrain from approaching other Users with the aim of promoting paid services or products.
• Refrain from advertising or encouraging in any way the use of any other service, whether or not this is a competing service, and refrain from committing any offence relating to unfair competition.
The User undertakes to use LiiveTouch solely for personal use. The LiiveTouch network must not be exploited for commercial, promotional, electoral or recruitment purposes. It is strictly prohibited to send Messages of a marketing and/or commercial nature and/or newsletters via LiiveTouch, including but not limited to content, guidelines or hyperlinks to third party sites or materials, particularly those of LiiveTouch’s competitors.
The User is liable for her/his own actions and for the data that she∕he publishes via the Application.
Should LiiveTouch be held liable for any failure by the User to comply with its obligations, the User shall hold LiiveTouch harmless against any conviction made against it regarding the User’s infringement of the law or of these TOU.
LiiveTouch shall not conduct any moderation of the content published by Users which is shared through the Application. In particular, LiiveTouch’s teams shall not check any text or content such as hyperlinks posted by Users. The User may report unlawful content which infringes upon French law or these TOU using the following email email@example.com.
The equipment (hardware or software) required to access the Services together with all other costs related thereto, including telecommunications costs, shall be borne solely by the User. The User is solely responsible for the hardware used to access the Service.
5. Meeting in real life
LiiveTouch advises Users who wish to organize ‘real-life’ meet-ups to be vigilant. Users are solely responsible for verifying the identity of those with whom they meet. ‘Real-life’ meet-ups are organised independently of LiiveTouch and are the sole responsibility of Users. LiiveTouch cannot be held liable for any acts or problems of any type which have been committed or caused by Users and/or former Users when such events occur after use of the Application. As regards to the people with whom the User has agreed to exchange Messages, it is recommended that Users do not too readily reveal personal information such as a phone number, address or surname. For safety reasons, LiiveTouch strongly advises, that real-life meetings are organized only in busy public places or that a friend or relative is informed of the meeting.
The User may receive push notifications through the Application to notify him/her of important events, including but not limited to:
• The detection of one or more eligible searches matching the specific search posted by the user
• the connection with another user
• a message received from another user
• a message from LiiveTouch
The User may change her/his push notification preferences through the Operating System or LiiveTouch settings.
Intellectual and Industrial Property
The LiiveTouch trademark is exclusively owned by IICONTACT (SAS or Simplified Joint Stock Company registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Registry under the number 819 961 020), and LiiveTouch holds all of the related rights. The trademark has been registered with the French National Institute for Industrial Property (Institut National de Propriété Industrielle) under the number 4248163 and the World Intellectual Property Organization.
Any reproduction and/or usage and/or partial and/or total affixing and/or modification and/or deletion of the trademark and related rights, such as for example (this list is not exhaustive) the Application’s slogan and logo, through any method whatsoever and in any form whatsoever, in any format or through any medium whatsoever, is strictly prohibited without LiiveTouch’s prior, explicit and written authorization, may lead to legal proceedings.
The trademark is protected by Articles L713-2 et seq. of the Intellectual Property Code (Code de la propriété intellectuelle) currently in force in France, and this protection is international.
The original works provided by LiiveTouch are exclusively owned by IICONTACT SAS (Simplified Joint Stock Company registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Registry under the number 819 961 020), and IICONTACT holds all of the related rights.
Any representation and/or reproduction and/or distribution and/or partial and/or total exploitation of the content and Services provided by the Application, such as for example the software, animations, text, videos, graphics and more broadly the general structure, through any method whatsoever and in any form whatsoever, in any format or through any medium whatsoever, is strictly prohibited without LiiveTouch’s prior, express and written authorisation, and legal proceedings may be brought.
These original works are protected by Articles L335-3 et seq. of the Intellectual Property Code (Code de la propriété intellectuelle) currently in force in France, and this protection is international.
The following acts are strictly prohibited: the design of a product similar to the Application or the creation of a derivative, and more generally being guilty of parasitism, imitation, a smear campaign or any other act of unfair competition. LiiveTouch reserves the right, in this case, to serve a writ on the User in question.
Any User who succeeds in or attempts to grant licenses or sub-licenses, or to sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute or commercially exploit in any other way, or to make available the Services or Application to a third party in any way shall risk considerable legal penalties.
End of the Agreement
1. Uninstallation of the Application
The User may uninstall the Application from her/his mobile at any time without notice, In this case, the User shall have no further access to the Application unless she/he downloads it again.
The agreement between LiiveTouch and the User may be terminated, as of right, by LiiveTouch at any time should the User fail to comply with these TOU. In the event of a serious offence, the User will be banned by the moderation team.
• The User’s data shall be retained for one year of this date, as regards in particular the legal obligations incumbent upon LiiveTouch;
• The User cannot access again the app through the same device.
LiiveTouch may automatically and immediately terminate the agreement for any serious offence which includes any distribution of content which is against the law or against public policy or decency.
Users can contact LiiveTouch at:
Post address : iicontact SAS – 14 Passage du Guesclin, 75015, Paris, France
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org